Happy New Year to all our readers. In true Nostradamus style, I have looked into my glass bowl filled with water from the River Dee, and noted the following events guaranteed to happen in 2019:
1. Kilmarnock to win SPL. Rangers 2nd, Celtic 3rd. Aberdeen 4th.
2. The Brexit deadline will be extended from 29 Mar 2019 to 31 Dec 2019.
3. There will be a General Election and Labour will win with a minority government.
4. Brexit will be cancelled several months after the Labour election.
5. There will be a 2-week cold snap in February that will seriously affect the ability of people to get to work.
6. The Grand National will be won by a horse with a name linked to flowers, possibly roses.
7. Jeremy Kyle will be assaulted.
8. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, will have a heart attack and will require to retire despite surviving.
9. Alex Salmond will win his case against sexual harassment and Nicola Sturgeon will be diminished in her authority.
10. The English Premiership will be won by Liverpool. Tottenham 2nd, Man City 3rd, Man Utd 4th.
11. Aberdeen FC will NOT initially win its case to build at Westhills, and there will be a furore considering its proximity to the new AWPR. A final appeal will give the go-ahead with building of the stadium beginning in Sep 2019.
12. Derek McInnes will be offered a job by an English Premiership team starting with the letter “W”.